Don’t forget, this Friday after school, Fundraising Friday for Infant Classes.
Bring your animal themed treats for sale or pop by to treat yourself!
Used uniform sale at the same time!
Also, our next PTA meeting will be at the Tufnell Park Tavern on Thursday 3rd May at 8pm. Come along to find out what you can do to help with our Summer Fair 2018!
Huge thanks to everyone who has supported our fundraising efforts over the last couple of weeks.
The parent’s musical evening raised £700 for musical instruments for the school.
Sports Relief last Friday raised £308.15.
What a blast we had last Friday! Congratulations to team Scarborough ‘not so’ Fair who lifted the trophy as quiz champions of 2018.
The quiz night certainly proved to be a great success, but did we actually raise enough money for the school to invest in some new musical instruments……..?
We are delighted to announce that our profit for the night was £701.01!
Although this sounds like a handsome sum of money, it actually doesn’t go far where musical instruments are concerned. So for those who weren’t able to join us, but still want to contribute, or if you just wanted to put a little more in the pot – the BTMyDonate website will remain open until April 16th
Thank you to all who came and quizzed – watch this space for details of our next event…..scroll down to see some photos of the event.
Hopefully this list of completely free things to do in London will give you some inspiration!
FREE THINGS TO DO CLOSE BY…
– Join your classes Whats App group and send out a message if you get bored – there might be someone else sitting at home who would love to join you in the park for an hour or so! Contact email@example.com
if you don’t know who your class rep is.
FREE THINGS TO DO A SHORT BUS RIDE AWAY
FREE THINGS TO DO A LITTLE FURTHER AWAY
– Museum of Childhood, Bethnal Green 254 bus from Holloway
– RAF Hendon (closest tube is Colindale)
LONDONS FREE MUSEUMS
Sports Relief – Friday 23rd March
- Wear Something Sporty, or dress as your favourite sports person, £1 voluntary donation.
- Join the after school sports fun – Keepy Uppy / Football etc.
- Healthy snacks on sale after school – please leave any donations with Andrea on Reception.
Easter Hat Parade – Thurs 29th March
After Easter – Used Uniform Sale
- Please leave any outgrown school uniform, washed please, at Reception with Andrea.
The sequins and glitter were out in full force for the inaugural TPS PTA Music & Quiz night last Friday. With great music & team names such as “The Quizzie Rascals, Scarborough Not So Fair & Quiz Me Baby One More Time” the night could only be a success!
A massive thank you to Vanessa Harcourt (mum of Edward & Elliot) and Jennie Pott (mum of Ben & Edie) for organising the event with help from Jo Nathan, the compere extraordinaire, Bea Segura, “Miss Tuff”, the glamorous assistant, our fabulous musicians Matthew Neel, Emma Chillinski-Reed & Alan Boyd. Thanks also to Chris and Simon for your work behind the bar. Lastly, thank you to all the staff, parents, carers & friends who came along, we hope you all had a great time….here are a few pictures to enjoy…..🎤
This Friday (16/03) sees the inaugural Tufnell Park Primary Quiz Night. Come & join us in a music themed adult-only right royal knees up.
We are thrilled to announce that our super talented parents, Chilli (aka Emma C-R), ADB (aka Alan Boyd) and Mr Wolf (aka Matthew Neel) will be performing LIVE at the event.
Doors open at 8pm when Chilli and ADB will welcome you in & open-up the evening, playing acoustic covers from all genres.
The Quiz starts at 8:30pm. Your straight-talking compere for the evening is the vivacious Jo Nathan, ably assisted by the effervescent Bea Segura.
The quiz will last around an hour, then the music continues with Mr Wolf. There will be a cash bar selling beer, wine & soft drinks.
There is a cash prize for the winner & also a prize for the team with the best name!
Tickets are available from Andrea at the school reception, or online:
Advance tickets are £5 per person – or on the night (if available), at £6 pp. All tickets include one free drink from the bar.
All funds raised will go towards buying musical instruments for the new school; the PTA are delighted to be able to support the school in this.
- Tickets for our Music Quiz night on Friday 16th March are now available to buy from Andrea. We’re starting the evening with a music themed quiz (with cash prize!), followed by live music from some of our talented TPS parents. Tickets cost £5 in advance and include your first drink. If you don’t have a team, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll pair you up with someone else.
Rather pay by card? Visit https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/tpsmusicquiz, pay £5 per person, leave us your name(s) and we’ll put you on the guest list.
- Don’t forget our open PTA meeting this Wednesday, 7th March at 8pm at school in nursery building. Tea / coffees provided. Come and join us as we think of ways to support our school during the build.
We’re really loving all the World Book Day costumes in school today.
Reminder: Children are invited to join us in the Hall after school and pickup a free book.
If you have any unwanted children’s books still at home, do bring them in this afternoon to contribute to the book swap. (You don’t have to donate in order for your child/ren to chose a book).
See you later!