Snacks and balloons
My turn next
Where’s my balloon?
We all had a bouncing time at the 2017 Tufnell Park PTA Welcome Picnic for new children and families who have joined us in the reception and nursery this year!
We hope to see some of these new faces again at the International Evening, next week – Thursday 5th October 5-7pm.
And the PTA AGM, to make our plans for the upcoming year and welcome new members!
(Friday 13 October, 3.45pm in Andromeda classroom with childcare provided by the lovely Cygnus team.)
We hope you received good feedback from your children about their workshops with Bang On last week, this term’s exciting learning treat funded by the PTA. The pupils certainly enjoyed the brilliant performance at Wednesday’s assembly. Here are some photos of the two days that Bang On spent at the school, having fun in percussion workshops with each class. Look out for pictures of Mr Scarborough’s impromptu performance with them as well. A huge thank you to Caroline, parent of Annika in Delphinus and Nina in Draco, for the photos.
Hope you had a wonderful Easter break. It’s back to school tomorrow and fundraising Friday at the end of this week, this time to raise funds for the girls’ football team. As always, please donate snacks and cakes for the cake sale.
For more pictures like these, the gallery of the wonderful Easter hat parade on the last day of term is now on the website.
On Friday it looked as though the pupils were having a giant sleepover with everyone (including the teachers!) dressed in their pyjamas for Red Nose Day. The school raised £274.32 (plus an American dime and a Swedish kroner) for Comic Relief, well done!
Tomorrow 28 March – 8pm – in the Tufnell Park Tavern is the first summer fair planning meeting. Do come along to get involved and help, the summer fair is run by the PTA and lots of help is needed. The summer fair will be on Saturday 8 July.
Please remember to give any spare outgrown clean nearly new uniform to Andrea on reception as soon as possible for tomorrow’s uniform sale. The sale will take place at the same time as the cake sale, after school. All donations welcome – school dresses, jumpers, tops etc etc. It’s a good excuse for a spring clean!
Our red uniform always looks great
As usual there was a fantastic array of costumes for World Book Day last Thursday. As well as having lots of fun, the children raised £224.50 to help fund libraries in Africa. An enormous thank you to Tatiana for running the event on behalf of the PTA and to Fiona for the wonderful photos.
The gallery is now on the website and can be found here:https://tufnellparkpta.com/world-book-day-2017-photo-gallery/
Dates coming up:
PTA meeting – open to all and more volunteers are needed – Wednesday 15 March 8pm, Tufnell Park Tavern
Friday 17 March – Fundraising Friday for years 1/2 and nearly new uniform sale – donations needed
Friday 24 March – Red Nose Day for Comic Relief – wear pyjamas to school (£1 voluntary donation, all proceeds to Comic Relief)
Please donate cakes and snacks and/or come and buy them from the after school cake sale on Friday 10 February. This time it’s run by middle bay years 3/4 to raise funds for a class treat or trip of their choice so please support them.
The main issues discussed at the PTA meeting in the Tufnell Park Tavern on 1 February 2017 were:
- The next exciting learning treat will be a visit from “Bang on!” who will do a performance for the children and then 1 hour workshops with all classes (reception 45 minutes) using upcycled musical instruments and percussion.
- Ideas are wanted for the summer term’s learning treat so please get in touch.
- The idea of class reps for each class every year. The parent or carer would act as a point of contact between the all parents/carers for each class and the PTA.
- The school trip to the Sobell centre – date to be confirmed but it is happening. We need a volunteer to coordinate the day. Can you help?
- The date for the school summer fair – 8 July. The theme this year will be circus!
- It was agreed that all funds raised from easyfundraising will go towards the purchase of books for the school (to supplement those that the school already provides).
The next PTA meetings are on 15 March, 10 May and 21 June, all in the Tufnell Park Tavern. We really need more participants, the meeting on 1 February was attended by a very small committed group but more people are needed. Last year we were not able to organise as many learning treats or events as we would have liked, as we did not have enough people to help run them. WE NEED MORE HANDS ON DECK! Please get in touch or come to our meetings if you can.
We will also be sending out a survey soon by email to find out people’s view on how the money raised by the PTA should be used. If you are not already on our email mailing list and would like to be, please contact us.
Last but not least you might have noticed from our website that we are now officially the Tufnell Park PTA. Do make sure you go to our homepage and follow us if you don’t already.
Preparation for Winter Candyland is now in full swing. Your £1 entrance fee includes a welcome drink, a visit to Santa’s grotto (and a present) and entrance to the games room and the legendary snow pit and disco. Timings to see Santa are at the end of this post.
In the meantime we need:
- help setting up. If you are able to help please put your name on the sign up sheet in the lobby. We need people to help set up from 2.30pm on Friday, help on stalls and help clear up afterwards
- cakes and biscuits (ideally star shaped!) on the day
- to borrow fairy lights (preferably battery operated) and extension leads. Please email us on email@example.com if you can help
- your raffle stubs or unused tickets. Please give these back to Andrea. The raffle will be called the following week in assembly
- donations of jolly jars for our jolly jar tombola. Please give them to Andrea in the lobby. You should have received a letter about this already. There’s also a poster and example in the lobby (along with some spare empty jars) and to inspire you further here is a picture of some gorgeous jolly jars already made by a Cygnus parent
Timetable to see Santa