Open PTA Meeting – Thursday 2 November
Here is a summary of the enthusiastic discussion that took place:
Winter Wonderland Friday 8 December
- We discussed several great ideas for Winter Wonderland, themes & decorations, all to be revealed soon.
- The date is confirmed as Friday 8 December from 5-7pm, a slightly later start time to allow us to set up.
- Stalls will include a repeat of the very popular “Jolly Jars” tombola (Jarbola): please start collecting glass jars to be filled & then sold on the night, let’s be creative.
- We will be in touch soon via your Class Reps to ask for help running the stalls, and there will be a sign-up sheet in the school reception area soon.
- We will also be holding our raffle, & have already started gathering prizes. We don’t want to exhaust the goodwill of our local shops and businesses, so we are asking parents to help us by sourcing prizes from further afield – would your employer be able to give us a voucher we could offer? Do you have a skill you would be able to offer – could you spend a couple of hours teaching someone how to do something perhaps?
- Are you happy to have an estate agent board on your property to sponsor Winter Wonderland? The boards are up for approx. one month. This is a great way for the PTA to raise money as the PTA get approx. £30 per board. Please check with neighbours if you live in a flat etc. If yes, please contact the PTA.
Cinderella Pantomime Trip – Wednesday 6 December.
We hope all the children will attend the Pantomime, please look out for the permission slip in PACT folders soon. For logistical reasons, we have booked coaches for everyone to get to and from the Hackney Empire, this is costing the PTA an additional £7 a head per child. We will be asking parents for a voluntary contribution towards the transportation cost.
The Cygnus and nursery classes will have their own Insect Circus puppet show also on Wed 6 December, with the chance to “meet” the puppets afterwards
PTA Committee Meeting – Wednesday 13 September 2017
The main points discussed at last week’s PTA Committee Meeting were:
- The Circus Summer Fair made around £4300 which is a wonderful result.
- Future PTA activities – a Shakespeare learning treat for autumn is already in hand & further ideas for an all school event were discussed.
- The school-wide Sobell outing is still planned, but will probably now take place in 21018, due to the installation of a trampoline park in the centre.
- The Early Years classes will soon receive high visibility vests to wear on school trips.
- Several members of the PTA stepped down at the end of last term, we are therefore looking for a new Co-Chair, someone with fund-raising experience, a poster designer and general help with events.
- The PTA Annual General Meeting will take place on Friday 13 October straight after school, in Andromeda classroom, with child care provided in Cygnus.
Other dates that were confirmed are:
Thursday 5 October – International Evening – 5-7pm
Friday 13 October – PTA AGM
Tuesday 31 October – Halloween Dress up Day
Friday 8 December* – School Christmas Fair
Friday 15 December – Wear something Christmassy
Thursday 1 March – World Book Day
Thurs/Friday 7 & 8 June* – Fun Run
Saturday 7 July* – Summer Fair
*subject to change due to rebuild.