Please donate cakes and snacks and/or come and buy them from the after school cake sale on Friday 10 February. This time it’s run by middle bay years 3/4 to raise funds for a class treat or trip of their choice so please support them.
The main issues discussed at the PTA meeting in the Tufnell Park Tavern on 1 February 2017 were:
- The next exciting learning treat will be a visit from “Bang on!” who will do a performance for the children and then 1 hour workshops with all classes (reception 45 minutes) using upcycled musical instruments and percussion.
- Ideas are wanted for the summer term’s learning treat so please get in touch.
- The idea of class reps for each class every year. The parent or carer would act as a point of contact between the all parents/carers for each class and the PTA.
- The school trip to the Sobell centre – date to be confirmed but it is happening. We need a volunteer to coordinate the day. Can you help?
- The date for the school summer fair – 8 July. The theme this year will be circus!
- It was agreed that all funds raised from easyfundraising will go towards the purchase of books for the school (to supplement those that the school already provides).
The next PTA meetings are on 15 March, 10 May and 21 June, all in the Tufnell Park Tavern. We really need more participants, the meeting on 1 February was attended by a very small committed group but more people are needed. Last year we were not able to organise as many learning treats or events as we would have liked, as we did not have enough people to help run them. WE NEED MORE HANDS ON DECK! Please get in touch or come to our meetings if you can.
We will also be sending out a survey soon by email to find out people’s view on how the money raised by the PTA should be used. If you are not already on our email mailing list and would like to be, please contact us.
Last but not least you might have noticed from our website that we are now officially the Tufnell Park PTA. Do make sure you go to our homepage and follow us if you don’t already.