Welcome to the Tufnell Park School Parent Teachers Association website (formerly the Home School Association or HSA), for all the pictures and news about the PTA’s activities past, present and future. The information you’ll find here is additional to the website of Tufnell Park Primary School.
If you’d like to get email updates whenever we blog, look for the black “Follow” button on the frame of your browser right now – and click it. You can also connect with us on LinkedIn or Facebook. Or for our latest announcements, carry on reading…
Sports Relief – Friday 23rd March
- Wear Something Sporty, or dress as your favourite sports person, £1 voluntary donation.
- Join the after school sports fun – Keepy Uppy / Football etc.
- Healthy snacks on sale after school – please leave any donations with Andrea on Reception.
Easter Hat Parade – Thurs 29th March
After Easter – Used Uniform Sale
- Please leave any outgrown school uniform, washed please, at Reception with Andrea.
The sequins and glitter were out in full force for the inaugural TPS PTA Music & Quiz night last Friday. With great music & team names such as “The Quizzie Rascals, Scarborough Not So Fair & Quiz Me Baby One More Time” the night could only be a success!
A massive thank you to Vanessa Harcourt (mum of Edward & Elliot) and Jennie Pott (mum of Ben & Edie) for organising the event with help from Jo Nathan, the compere extraordinaire, Bea Segura, “Miss Tuff”, the glamorous assistant, our fabulous musicians Matthew Neel, Emma Chillinski-Reed & Alan Boyd. Thanks also to Chris and Simon for your work behind the bar. Lastly, thank you to all the staff, parents, carers & friends who came along, we hope you all had a great time….here are a few pictures to enjoy…..🎤
This Friday (16/03) sees the inaugural Tufnell Park Primary Quiz Night. Come & join us in a music themed adult-only right royal knees up.
We are thrilled to announce that our super talented parents, Chilli (aka Emma C-R), ADB (aka Alan Boyd) and Mr Wolf (aka Matthew Neel) will be performing LIVE at the event.
Doors open at 8pm when Chilli and ADB will welcome you in & open-up the evening, playing acoustic covers from all genres.
The Quiz starts at 8:30pm. Your straight-talking compere for the evening is the vivacious Jo Nathan, ably assisted by the effervescent Bea Segura.
The quiz will last around an hour, then the music continues with Mr Wolf. There will be a cash bar selling beer, wine & soft drinks.
There is a cash prize for the winner & also a prize for the team with the best name!
Tickets are available from Andrea at the school reception, or online:
Advance tickets are £5 per person – or on the night (if available), at £6 pp. All tickets include one free drink from the bar.
All funds raised will go towards buying musical instruments for the new school; the PTA are delighted to be able to support the school in this.
- Tickets for our Music Quiz night on Friday 16th March are now available to buy from Andrea. We’re starting the evening with a music themed quiz (with cash prize!), followed by live music from some of our talented TPS parents. Tickets cost £5 in advance and include your first drink. If you don’t have a team, drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll pair you up with someone else.
Rather pay by card? Visit https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/tpsmusicquiz, pay £5 per person, leave us your name(s) and we’ll put you on the guest list.
- Don’t forget our open PTA meeting this Wednesday, 7th March at 8pm at school in nursery building. Tea / coffees provided. Come and join us as we think of ways to support our school during the build.
We’re really loving all the World Book Day costumes in school today.
Reminder: Children are invited to join us in the Hall after school and pickup a free book.
If you have any unwanted children’s books still at home, do bring them in this afternoon to contribute to the book swap. (You don’t have to donate in order for your child/ren to chose a book).
See you later!
Just a reminder to bring in your books for the World Book Day Swap after school on Thursday 1 March.
You can leave them in the boxes at the main school reception….thank you.
Tickets for our Music Quiz night on Friday 16th March will be available to buy from Andrea from tomorrow. Raising funds for musical instruments for the school!
We’re starting the evening with a music themed quiz (with cash prize!), followed by live music from some of our talented TPS parents. Tickets cost £5 in advance and include your first drink. If you don’t have a team, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll pair you up with someone else. Rather pay by card? Visit https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/tpsmusicquiz, pay £5 per person, leave us your name(s) and we’ll put you on the guest list.
Tickets are limited, so buy yours before they’re gone!
No need to panic – instead come along with your kids on Monday 26th February from 3.30-4.45pm in URSA classroom, where we are holding a workshop to help create costumes.
We can help make basic costumes from cardboard, props such as glasses, capes, hats and masks of your children’s favourite characters. Bring along your ideas and we will provide card, paper, glue, paint and a whole heap of crafty know-how.
Please note: his workshop is for parents/carers + children. Children should not attend without an adult.
It’s 📚WORLD BOOK DAY 📚 next THURSDAY 1st MARCH and there are all sorts of great things going on at Tufnell Park School! 🎉
- Look out for tokens for a FREE World Book Day book in school bags, these should be coming home this week.
- On Thursday 1st your child can dress up as their favourite fictional character/character from a book. Don’t worry – we have some ideas for easy costumes below!
- We’ll be holding a Book Swap straight after school on Thurs 1st. Over the next few days please bring in a book (or a few!) you are done with, suitable for readers aged from nursery-year 6 and leave them in the boxes in the reception area. Then, after school, children can come along and choose a FREE book!
- There’ll also be a school uniform sale at the same time, so a great opportunity to pick up bargain TPS uniform pieces ahead of spring/summer.
Book drop boxes – please leave your donated books sorted (roughly) by age group.
Costumes giving you a headache?
Check out these links for simple ideas that make great costumes:
- Mumsnet Easy World Book Day Ideas
- Mumsnet 10 Minute Costumes
- Some Pintrest Boards for inspiration
We’re also planning a costume making, craft session in school for next week – more news to follow!
Big thanks to everyone who supported the Fundraising Friday stall last week with donations or buying!
We raised £126 for Junior Classes!